Friday, May 31, 2019

ISO Art Print Found!

Oh my goodness, I've been dreaming of finding a reasonably priced Vernon Ward, "Enchanted Everglade" for 3 years now. Finally, I did!! Yippee! While doing my usual searches online, one of my fellow collector friends and Etsy shop owner, Rebeccaheartsvintage, listed that very art print in her shop! She's sold a few before, and this one was just as beautiful as the others she's found. I immediately, made the purchase and she shipped it out and I received it the other day. It was beautifully wrapped in tissue paper and I just had to take a quick pic before opening it completely.

 Inside, the white with gold trim frame is just lovely and reminiscent of kitsch. The artwork is beautiful, with its delicate colors of pinks, blues, browns, yellows and white. A Mother with her baby fawns, look towards you as if to say, "You found us!" As the early morning sun rises behind them in the forest.... "Enchanted Glade", is one of two of Vernon W. kitsch art prints called by collectors as, "Woodland" prints, I believe. This one is my favorite that were mass produced around the 1960s. The other has the Doe laying down with her baby fawn. Vernon W. has many other art prints of swans, flowers, and scenic landscapes, etc. But, the 'Woodland' prints, I believe are just dreamy for those of us that collect nursery kitsch. To find them in the UK is a lot more easy, then for us in the States. So, shipping them can be very costly, but so worth it. Definitely an awesome purchase from Rebecca! Thank you dear so much.

 I also received this lovely Lot of two Posedolls via Yahoo Japan. I will list the doll on the left and try to clean up the doll on the right. Just one of a few projects in the works. I also, received some yummy plastic lemon slices in different colors, and pastel beads for another project I need to work on! More on them later...

 It's been a busy beginning to the summer. Hope you all are enjoying your week?!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment