Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Upcycled Doll Closet Two!

I recently purchased another doll closet, via Ebay. From the photos it looked a lot like the current doll closet I have, here. It arrived fast too! I did end up paying a bit more for shipping, but it was totally worth it, because in all, the closet came to about the same price I got the other one. Made in the USA and of wood. I love the styling of the closet, and that is what drew me to it. Also, that it was painted all white, and only one decal on it. I knew it had promise to be something better!
 Ebay seller pic, and when it arrived to me. Not bad, and in a lovely condition. Not too much work needed to stabilize it. The back panel just needed two staples to secure it. The drawer was perfect, and just the knobs were loose from shipment. I took off the drawer, slide doors, and knobs. I decided I would repaint the outside of the closet in baby blue, keep the drawer and door panels white. I had an aqua blue for the knobs. After several layers of spray paint, the panels and drawer was ready to be placed back onto the closet. But first, I had to take out my vintage Meyercord decals. I had another set of the blue and pink bunny decals. I began to work on the door panels. But, was so worried that the decals would rip or stick to itself. I tried to quickly apply them onto the panel. I made sure the blue bear was on straight. But, when it came time to the bunny, I started on the wrong end and after the application, it ended up slightly wonky. Ugh.

In the end, even with the bunny decal a bit off set, the closet looks nice and I love the baby blue. I may have to keep it. LOL I placed it next to my pink closet and noticed that it is a bit larger. Haha. Still a lovely closet. I do need to find a rod for this closet though. There was none inside. Eventually, I will find one or use something from around the house to make one...
It's been a busy week for me and I haven't had time to post even via IG. Have a great week either way!

Thank you for stopping by! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment