Thursday, October 8, 2020

Restoring a Vtg Pencil Case...

 Last week, I received this lovely vintage Miyako Maki art of two mod girls on a pencil case from Ebay that I won. Sadly, it had markings of the name of its previous owner, a lot of melted lead pencil paint color on pocket of the opposite side of the pencil case and on the pencil holding area. Stickers and residue on the front cover as well.

First, I took a Mr. Clean magic eraser and started on the front of the pencil case. I was able to remove the dirt residue. I had to use alcohol wipes for the rest of the stickers and glue. I then, used the magic eraser on the inside of the pencil case, where the permanent marker was used to write the name. It worked really well and removed most of the markings. I was told I could use the magic eraser to remove it completely. But, I will leave that to the new owner. The same magic eraser took off the blue paint too that stuck to the pocket of the pencil case.



I had a bit of a hard time removing the lead pencils. They were basically, wedged in and the blue paint from the pencils were sticking to the vinyl. But, in the end, the magic eraser helped and some patience. The backside of the pencil case didn't have any design, which is surprising, because usually there is a bouquet of flowers or something. But not on this one. It turned out beautifully too! I have already listed the case in my Etsy shop. Still lovey and a great piece of anime girl history too!


I also received this Lot of Swimmer items from Japan. Lots of cute pink things too! A 2-tiered plastic stand in pink, a glowing bright pink candy dish, a coach trinket box, hand mirror, small mirror compact case, macaroon glass, retro pitcher with cups, and dust roller with bling! First, this lovely 2-tiered stand, I wanted for myself. I used some toy jewelry to display it, but i know it will be cute with chocolates, and other cute tinies on it. I've already listed the other items, except of the stand and glowing candy dish. Those I will keep.






The retro pitcher is quite unique too, the cups can sit inside the pitcher for storage. It will be great to use on a picnic or at the beach! It is already listed too! The coach, and mirror have already sold. I've added the macaroon glass to another glass set in my listing. So, it will sell in a Lot. A closer look at the glowing pink candy dish. Made of glass, it is lovely and florescent bright too! I may make a fur pillow or satin pillow for the inside. It is quite unique I must say and lovely to me. I didn't realize Swimmer made this?

 
I picked up some cute retro animal baggies and washi tape from this shop called, "Mouseinablouse" on Etsy. I love everything and can wait to use them in some of my creations. And look Christine, even gave me some cute gifts! Thank you dear! The baggies are adorable, but kind of small. I was hoping they'd be a larger. Still adorable though. The washi tape I have plans to use on my shakers. More later... 

Last, is this lovely pink and adorable Rushton plush poodle, all original too!! She comes with cute paper flowers on her ear, blue and pink satin bows on her ear, collar and tail. She even has her original tag! Lovely condition and I like her stance, as if she is looking up at you lovingly...


Thanks for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment